EnergyGuard is a high performance GeoBubble cover suited to the eco-conscious pool owner who wants to lessen the environmental impact of their pool and make household savings on power, water and chemical costs.
The average domestic pool pump’s capacity to consume considerably large amounts of electricity was the fundamental reason for development of our new EnergyGuard cover. This innovative cover reduces a pool’s power consumption and saves on household electricity costs. The EnergyGuard thermal cover has a dark grey surface with a black underside.
The EnergyGuard GeoBubble cover inhibits light entry into the pool, preventing photosynthesis and making it difficult for algae to grow or survive. This, combined with its thermal properties, yields several benefits for the pool owner.
- Reduce filtration/pump time by up to 50%
Filtration is still required for aeration and eradicating minor impurities but with the EnergyGuard Cover, pump time can be halved which makes for considerable power savings. The average domestic pool pump consumes 12% of the household’s total electricity. EnergyGuard reduces this by half.
- Reduce water evaporation by 98%+
The cover lies directly on the water so evaporation is reduced, curbing water loss and conserving this precious natural resource. An average pool (8m x 4m) can lose up to 38 400 litres of water if left uncovered.
- Reduce chemical consumption by up to 60%
With less algae growth, less chlorine is needed with an EnergyGuard cover. The cover also curbs chlorine loss to photolysis in the evaporation process.
- Heat retention: energy savings of over 50%
The dark grey surface of the EnergyGuard cover absorbs the sun’s heat and transfers it to the water. On heated pools, EnergyGuard allows for lower settings on heat pumps and solar heating becomes considerably more effective.
- Reduce debris contamination
The EnergyGuard cover prevents dirt, droppings and leaves from entering the water, which deprives any algae of nutrients. The end result, water aesthetics and hygiene are greatly improved.
- Save money
By using less energy, less chemicals and less water, this cover pays for itself in 18 months.
- The EnergyGuard GeoBubble cover has a dark grey top with a black underside and is UV stabilized for South African conditions.
- The non-toxic additives used combine chemical and weather resistant pigments with high performance light, weather and chemical stabilization.
- Made from durable 500 micron material.
- Suited to indoor and outdoor pools.
A dark grey top and black underside.
EnergyGuard GeoBubble has a reducing warranty of 3 years but can be expected to last well beyond with correct care.